HAVE FAITH. EXPECT MIRACLES!
Be not afraid, only believe. Matthew 5:36

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Health and Healing

The Law of Attraction says that the human mind is the biggest factor in the healing arts.

I believe it!  Reading "The Fibromyalgia Solution" by Dr. David Dryland started pointing me in the right direction for this revelation.  "The Secret" DVD has 2 real life stories of the power of the mind to heal.  I'm sure there are many stories out there of this marvelous idea.  We already have known, to some extent, that our bodies have power to heal themselves.  We get a cut.  The blood clots, forms a scab to keep out infection, and it heals, even making new skin.  We get sick and our body starts putting out chemicals (or cells or something) to fight off the bad bacteria--you get the idea.

But add in the mind!  The power of the mind to bring about healing, just by thinking right thoughts!  This is what got me the most attracted and excited about the LOA!  As Dr. Dryland says on his website "Take Your Life Back!" and in his book the statement I loved most, "When you change a negative thought, you will always change the subsequent emotional feelings that are sent to your body." I also nearly jumped right out of my chair the first time I went to his website and it said, "Fibromyalgia is not an incurable disease."  No information I had ever found in the last 5 years of searching ever said that.  It was always: doctors can't do anything for you so you just have to live with it..learn to manage it, cope with it.  Not true anymore!

I know now, and had already suspected stress, because I have allowed myself to live with and continue in stress for the last 10 years or so--I had no idea how to cope with it, or how to understand it.  And now, the truth rings inside me, that my thoughts have created my environment.  I have allowed myself to live with negative thoughts about myself and others.  I created my own miserable environment.  Yes, I had uncontrollable circumstances in my life that weren't my fault, but I was still responsible for how I reacted (or under-reacted) to those circumstances.  I was still responsible for my own joy, my own attitude, my own thoughts and emotions.  I just didn't know it!  I wallowed in my misery (I would often think of it as the dungeon of self-pity--a very dark, black pit to be in).  The interesting thing is, I also realize it was the darkness of Satan's lies.  He doesn't care if we are selfish or self-centered or feeling sorry for ourselves...as long as we are focused on ourselves---then we are distracted from the direction God wants to take us of love, peace, joy, hope, and light which comes from loving and serving God and others.

As the LOA say, disease is really dis-EASE, meaning your body is not at ease.  Stress is link to nearly all disease. And what causes stress?  Thoughts that lead to emotional factors.  But, we can choose to allow or not to allow those factors to affect us.  Dr. Dryland calls it the "Fight or Flight" response.  As our FOF is triggered, we release chemicals into our bodies to cope with the distress.  Too much too often of some of those chemicals can cause problems in our bodies, while others are being constantly depleted.  One of those is dopamine.  Dopamine is like the bodies natural anesthetic to pain.  When we become depleted, our pain is dramatically enhanced.  Then we can't sleep at night.  Without the deep rejuvenating sleep, the time when our body replenishes dopamine, we enter into a pain cycle that we can't get out of---hence, Fibromyalgia and other diseases.  Dr. Dryland sells a book on his website that is an excellent resource for anyone wanting to learn more about stress and dealing with it.  I thought it was a wealth of information, very interesting and easy to read and very reasonable at $15.  I can't remember what the shipping was, but it was reasonable.  You can also download a free chapter of his book to read.

The LOA tells us to THINK PERFECT HEALTH.  No matter what our state of health is.  Tell yourself you are healthy.  Tell yourself you are happy, and that you are having a great day!  Smile!  Laugh!!  We've always heard laughter is the best medicine, and that is truth.  Laughter releases negativity.  You can't laugh and not feel good.  You can't smile and not feel good.  The interesting thing is, our bodies can't tell the difference between a fake laugh or smile and a real one...it still makes our bodies feel good.  One of the "shifters" for changing from a negative frequency to a positive one is to smile for one full minute and think of whatever it is that makes you happy.  (for me that's easy!  I just think of my grandchildren!--for starters!)

Disease cannot live in a body that's in a healthy emotional state.  If your body is stiff and achy, sit and think in your mind how it felt once to be in the body as perfect and flexible as a child's body...walk, run, skip, dance in your mind.  In "The Secret" DVD they said they could hook athletes up to some kind of monitoring machine and have them do their sport in their mind, and as they did their bodies went through the same motions as it did while doing the actual sport.  I've been thinking lately what a perfect way that would be to exercise!  heehee!  Just sit and exercise in your mind and your body will get the same effect!  Do you think it's true?  I think that would be awesome!

Gratitude is an important part of healing, as is the faith to receive healing and then the power of laughter.  I am so grateful, as a Latter-day Saint, in the power of Priesthood blessings for the healing of the sick.  I also believe that there is a time appointed to all of us to die, and that all things are in God's power.  "The divine gift of healing is tailored to the needs of it's recipients from Him who knows them best because He loves them most."  I do not know who said this, but it is a great quote.

I also know that there is an opposition in all things, and that we can't know joy, peace, love and all that good stuff without experiencing and knowing the bad, too.  I know all our trials are consecrated to our good, and administer to our education.  Still, the Lord wants us to be joyful as we go along.  I love this scripture written by Joseph Smith in Doctrine and Covenants 123:17:

"Let us cheerfully do all things that lie within our power; and then may we stand still, with utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, for His arm to be revealed."

By changing just one small thought in the course of our day, shifting over to a positive frequency, we can change the course of our whole day--whereas, one negative thought left unchecked leads to more negative thoughts til stress is manifest.  If you think about it next time you are feeling a negative emotion, notice where it manifests itself in your body.  That is where disease will manifest itself.

The LOA, in teaching the art of healing, says if you feel unwell, don't talk about it!  Don't think about it!  Repeat as often as needed (better than medicine) I feel wonderful!  I feel so good--and really try and feel it.  I have been saying, "Thank you for my healing" because I know the Lord wants to heal me, as that has been revealed to me.  I know it will happen in His time and in His way, so in the meantime I continue to thank Him for my healing.

If others talk of being unwell, don't listen.  Change the subject or walk away.  It's kind of hard with pandemics going around, but just switch your thoughts to something else and don't dwell on it.  It came to my mind these 2 gals that are acquaintances of a friend of mine, and whenever I have been around them all they talk about is all their ailments and everyone else's, too.  It drives me crazy.  Do you know people like this?

I have, however, felt it was important to be prepared with information in the event of coming down with H1N1, or if you needed to care for someone who is sick, so do what you must, but then move on to a good and happy thought frequency.  The more you feel healthy and happy, the less chance of getting sick.  Put on some fun, happy music and skip through your day.

Dr. Dryland says to give yourself credit for the progress you make.  "Go slowly.  It takes time to undo destructive thinking habits."

But HOORAY!  It's NOT IMPOSSIBLE!!!  *Ü*

"If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord they God, and wilt do that which is right in His sight, and wilt give ear to His commandments, and keep all His statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee..for I am the Lord that healeth thee."  Exodus 15:26

No comments:

Post a Comment