HAVE FAITH. EXPECT MIRACLES!
Be not afraid, only believe. Matthew 5:36

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Miracles and Tender Mercies, Always

I have had a lot of miracles in my life.  Maybe I am getting better at recognizing them, but it seems since I was called to be Gospel Doctrine teacher in September 2012, and did not want to relinquish my calling as a stake assistant indexing director, that so many more blessings and miracles have flowed into my life than I can ever remember.  I haven't been able to do much with the indexing calling except continue to index.  I spend an exceptional amount of time preparing lessons and making powerpoints to go with my lesson for those who can't hear or open scriptures well, and because it's the most excellence visual--and now with all the amazing technology, and the many wonderful videos that the church is making, there could not have been a better time for me to start using PP.  (which was in Feb 2013)

Here is one most recent profound miracle.  Our ISP has been experiencing issues for a long time, 2 years really.  (It's almost as though Satan and his host knew I would be teaching GD and using PP and wanted to put a stop to the work!)  At the beginning of the year we had the ISP come out and check for a better place to put the dish for a signal and the only place they found was out in the field.  Tom proceeded to dig a long trench and we spent $130 for wire and PVC pipe and got it hooked up.  It worked OK for a while but about 3 months ago the interferences were so bad it didn't work good at all....super slow and you'd get a time-out or disconnected before you could get there.  Anything with a super secure website was the worst.  My parents completely lost their connection.  However, every time I sat to work on my Gospel Doctrine lesson I had enough connection to get what I needed...sometimes slow, but almost always there when I needed it.  That was a tender mercy since time is so sparse and I use so much of my time preparing.  I have also been in the middle of 'painting my way' through my house, so time was even more sparse.

To add another miracle on top of that we had heard that another DSL company had finally reached CV.  It said online service was available to my address but every time I called they said no service anywhere in our area!  It took several weeks of patient persistence and pursuit to finally achieve the miracle of being hooked up to that service before it was in the system as available.  I know it was because of my calling, and the added prayers of my Angel Joyce.

I'm so thankful to finally index again after several months of not being able to because of internet.  I am also a witness of the miracles of the work of the Lord with the hastening of the work and the advancement of technology.  I'm so grateful to be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment