HAVE FAITH. EXPECT MIRACLES!
Be not afraid, only believe. Matthew 5:36

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Visualize

Visualizing is considered an important part of the LOA.  I'm going to try to convey their concepts without quoting so much out of the book (The Secret) as I feel concerned about overstepping the bounds of proper copy-right.

I love this concept of visualization.  I wonder if I have somewhat taken it for granted my whole life.  But what I do know, is I love "mediums" i.e. paint, colors, fabrics, paper and so on.  I love to create.  Creation and visualization go hand in hand, because you visualize as you create.  The LOA says as you visualize then you materialize.   They also said that is how some of our great inventors invented their inventions!!  They created them in their minds first and somehow brought them about.  (explain any of modern technology and how it works!)  What a glorious age of miracles we live in when visualization can be taken way beyond anything this earth has ever experienced.  (i.e. television, internet, digital photography...)

Women are better visualizers (in my experience) than men.  (I have heard that's the difference between the right brain, left brain concept)  For instance, I can visualize a change I want to make in my house and then make it a reality.  If I tell my husband about it, he can't see it and he'll be against the idea, so often, I have just went ahead and made the change without discussing it, and then when he sees it, he likes it.  (nothing major mind you---except that time I bought the refrigerator and had it delivered without telling him, and that time I....well, never mind!)

Getting out into our beautiful world and seeing all the wonders about us is a great way to visualize and FEEL GOOD!  How can you not feel good when you watch the waves roll in at the ocean, or see and hear the wind rustle the leaves in the trees, or watch birds fly across a blue sky?  LOA says that "visualization is simply powerfully focused thought in pictures, and it causes equally powerful feelings."

Once you've seen something your mind captures the image like a photo.  You can bring images up anytime you need them to bring all those powerfully good feelings you felt when you first saw that image...like flowers, your child, animals, a painting, a spectacular view--whatever you've seen that you've loved.

When you can visualize all that good and wonderful stuff you love, and then throw in feelings of joy, abundance and love on top of that, then you have an even more powerful experience of feeling good. 

Our Heavenly Father has given us eyes to see.  They really are an amazing thing if you ever stop to just think about them, or study any written word on how our eyes actually work---it's like a miracle in and of itself.  And then Heavenly Father sent Jesus Christ to create all these wonderful things in life for our eyes to behold.

"Yea, all things which come of the earth, in the season thereof, are made for the benefit and the use of man, both to please the eye and to gladden the heart."  Doctrine and Covenants 59:18 

To gladden the heart...now there is a really superb explanation of feeling good!

Visualize it!

No comments:

Post a Comment