HAVE FAITH. EXPECT MIRACLES!
Be not afraid, only believe. Matthew 5:36

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Shifting Your Focus

The LOA talks about "Secret Shifters"...things that can change your thoughts from negative to positive.  They are all pretty amazing, I think.   Here are some of my favorites, many of which I added as I thought about it:

*Close your eyes and SMILE for one full minute.  Focus on your feelings as you smile.  (this works!)
*Think about what makes you feel good?  Focus on what works.
*Feel what you want, even if it's not there.  i.e. health, love, joy, peace.
*Listen to some beautiful music.
*Look at beautiful pictures.
*Laugh!  Think about some funny moments.
*Think of someone you love.
*Think of great memories.
*Think of an exciting future event.
*Do something for someone else.
*Create something beautiful.
*Enjoy nature.
*Think happy thoughts.

"A simple shifting of emotions can change your whole day."  (LOA)

In the scriptures we read about fruits of the spirit. 
Love
Joy
Peace
Hope
Faith
Goodness
Gentleness
Patience
Virtue
Knowledge
Humility
Obedience
And more.  Shifting to and cultivating a positive frequency yields these fruits.

In James 3:17-18 says, "But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.  And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace."

I came up with some spiritual shifters that I call "To Lighten My Burden Through Christ."  They are:

-stop comparing myself and start changing myself
-maintain habits and order so that my faith remains unshaken
-take care of myself
-don't keep myself in the middle of a "storm"
-concentrate on my own journey (what is the Lord teaching me through this experience?)
-be kind to myself (don't blame myself for other's choices)
-seek the comfort of my places of peace when and how I can
-read good books
-exercise
-take time to do the little things I enjoy
-toss away self scorn (feelings of worthlessness)
-refuse to be drawn into daily drama whenever possible
-actively seek for peace
-keep my spiritual reserves from being depleted
-control my own actions and reactions
-the blessings of my covenants will continue for me in the needed ways
-concern and sadness is expected: misery is optional
-feed the good, stave the evil
-walk by faith, not by sight
-become alive in Christ
-sharpen my spiritual tools/work on my testimony
-cultivate a sweet sense of humor
-keep a merry heart
-find quiet joy in small things
-look forward to better days
-keep faith and hope in tact
-accept His truths
-follow Him
-humble myself
-pray for continued guidance and keep praying
-go to the scriptures for understanding and answers
-My continued faithfulness will pay eternal dividends.

Shifting my focus to that of a positive, spiritual, eternal nature makes all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment